The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Hit and Run

Folks it appears that the human ability to comprehend caring about people has gone out the window. A wave of callous treatment of humanity is striking people... Even in the drive-thru of your favorite eating locations.

That is right there is a pandemic of "Hit and Run" situations where people who though they think they have every right to assume every person they see handing them their burger or latte is wretched and sinful and in need of salvation.

You see, I was handing out a Decaf Grande 2-Pump Sugar-Free Vanilla Nonfat Latte when after payment the customer handed me a bill as a tip.

But on closer inspection I found I had been punished rather than tipped for this beverage for what I received was this...

I had become a victim of the "Hit and Run" Tract handout version of evangelism.


Folks all I gotta say is, at least pretend to love the person you are using this enough to sit down and learn about them, and realize that they don't like getting non-tips in their tip jars. Sit down, drink a latte with them, share a testimony. Make a real effort, I plead upon you. And NO, tracts are not bad, but realize they are a conversation facilitating tool, not a tip or an end all to salvation.