The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Jesus Went BIG!

So I was talking with an old coworker today, and I was telling him about how I have decided I am tired of second guessing myself and have decided to attempt to live life going big, because as they say... big risks lead to big rewards. And so after this conversation covering everything from work to relationships I took my iced venti 0 shot americano and hit the road.
As I was behind the california law enforcement I was pondering about how Jesus went big in various ways. I mean first of all Jesus was about as hardcore as hardcore gets. He not only violated about every social mandate possible, but he did it with flair, charisma, style, and he never looked back. Granted when you are God, it is pretty easy to be confident about your decisions.
I mean first of all Jesus did something then that many people still have a hard time doing today. He spoke out against his peers! It is acknowledged that one's superiors may be spoken out against, and there are consequences for such actions, and that one can teach those below them correcting them, and they may not appreciate it. But to speak out against your peers is often very dangerous. Why? Because they progress alongside you and the political and social ramifications are huge, to speak out against my peers scare even me... a little bit.
So Jesus, cruising around on his camel, talking about how he is the Son of God, even God himself, and how later he is gonna die and rise again contrary to the current Enquirer based Messiah prophecies was HUGE! He was going against the very grain of the social order!
So I have decided that once again I wanna be like Jesus. With flair, charisma, and never looking back I want to proclaim what is right and just, do what I feel is best, and suffer the consequences like a man. I mean hey if He accepted cricifixion a painful and embarrassing way to be executed, I think I can deal with rejection of employment or relationships. WOOT!