The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Yes Chef!

These words now come as easily and familiarly to me as a "Yes Drill Sergeant" comes to a newly admitted soldier. It is not a yes...chef... it is crisp, it is clean, it is enthusiastic, but not overbearing... it is Yes Chef!

There is something distinctly pleasureful about working in a place where people are passionate. My Chef is passionate about his food, even passionate about his Front of House service. He helps gives us direction and streamlines the flow for us when we hit bumps, heck the guy is ready to jump in and clean the bathrooms if need be. I have seen him polish silverware, wash his hands, and go butcher a halibut into filets, then go and make sure the dish room is prepped.

So when I see my chef go from cooking to cleaning, to helping every side of the restaurant out, and go shake a few hands , I know I am working somewhere amazing.