The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Nothing New... But I still like it

The other day I sat at Lunch with my mentor, Rich, and as we sat there and chatted, a startling revelation of the salvation message struck me. It may have been said before, I could be saying nothing new, but as far as I know, it is new to me, and I love it.

********

The First Family, not those in the White House, but I mean really, the very first, were Adam, Eve, and God. God's house, his children living with him. It was called Eden, and it was perfect.

Then this sad little bout of rebellion happened, a tossing aside of the Father's gift, and ultimately, because he was being true to his word, he had to kick those kids out, they were tainted with sin now, and sin only corrupts...

The kids understand what happened but they have to move far away from perfection, it is guarded away from them. And as time rolls by, their kids don't get to know about perfection or if they do their parents can't take them back to their Father's home.

Generations roll by, still no one even knows how to get to Eden, it is a lost cause. Eventually kids move so far away that they forget that Eden even exists. The Father wants people living with him, but alas the sin corruption destroys memories of perfection.

Then finally the Father becomes fed up with sin, with no-one coming home and sends out his Son, who delivers the message that the Father wants people back home, he has feasts prepared and many rooms. HE WANTS US TO COME AND LIVE AND DINE WITH HIM!!!!

People are confused, where was this Father before? Why have they had to live drudging up the earth for a radish when a steak lies waiting for them? Because their forefathers separated them, but God has always wanted them! This is exciting! Their is something better to come!

********

I love the concept that God has always wanted us there. It is true, and it amazes me that so many do not want to partake in their heritage. Perhaps this thought needs to be refined, perhaps not. This is a few days after I came up with it, I will try and remember more.