The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

So I Got the Job!

Alright folks, God is Good.... . And All the Time... . I got the job at Moonstone Bistro. And all I can say is... WOW. No not World of Warcraft (WoW) but rather WICKED OUTSTANDING WONDERFUL restaurant. This place knocks my socks off. I am at the forefront of something amazing in Redding. I am part of a restaurant that will leave foodies with satisfied palates, and everybody with the long wonderful aftertaste of amazing service. This restaurant is like a little Napa Valley in the middle of well Redding.


The Restaurant is off of Placer and Buenaventura in Redding, next to the Starbucks in the Holiday Market parking lot. Come see us next week for your chance to eat amazing food and partake in a true dining experience.

This serves to verify a couple things... 1) Good things do come to Redding; 2) That there are people in Redding who are willing to pay good money for good food and good service.

I have been trying to learn as much as possible from menu items to who my coworkers are. So here is a little breakdown of the restaurant and who works there. Serving Staff today. And the Chef.

Che: Picture an equally intense, but nicer version of Gordon Ramsey from FOX's Hell's Kitchen. This guy is passionate about his food, but he treats his cooks with respect but does not forget to push them to perfection. He makes "food that ROCKS!" His words not mine. His signature dish? The Perfect Chocolate Souffle with Bailey's Anglaise. Try it, it's worthwhile.

Tanya: This is Che's wife and my boss. She is smart, sassy, and savvy when it comes to running a restaurant. I expect that the restaurant will flourish as much under her management and human resource skills as Che's cooking.

Manny: This guy is ridiculous. I have labeled him the Moses of the Food Service industry. He knows food service like the back of his hand and is way better and more experienced than anything else Redding has ever seen. He is my waitering mentor, I already look up to this guy.

Zarrin: Tall, Fiery, Red Head, need I say more? This culinary trained lady is one of the foodies of our serving team. A mother of one she has taken up serving instead of cooking so she can give more time to her kid, big props for that!

Ashley: We actually go way back, she is the child of a Christian Family who live in Nepal most of the time being veterinarians, we went to college together, and didn't realize we would be working together till pretty much the last second. She is smart and sassy and will be another fireball on our team.

Sheena: This lil lady is one of the other experienced servers we have, She can make a martini, turn around and present a bottle of wine, then run a bunch of plates out before taking her next breath. We worked together 5 years ago at Red Robin and now are back again as a team. Woot!

There are other members of the serving team, Robert, Evienthia, Rashelle, Renee but I just haven't gotten to learn much about them yet or see them in action. But all in all I think this is gonna be one heck of a restaurant with one heck of a team!

Eat it up!

Zach