The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Imminent Departures...

Readers,

Tomorrow (Monday, March 12, 2007) I will be leaving at 3pm to head to Oregon. This trip was originally planned to leave a few days later and under happier circumstances. However, urgency has ushered me into leaving sooner than anticipated. I will be departing because my grandpa, Thomas, is in the ICU unit suffering Kidney Failure, Congestive Heart Failure, and Pneumonia, he is not slated to last very long. He has been amazing grandpa to me thus far, and I do not hesitate to believe that the artist inside of me that I embrace is because of his influence in my life. On my trip I will be taking some pictures of the paintings he has done to share them with you.

Also my great-grandma, Faith, is also nearing the end of quite the journey for her. To her I accredit my belief in faith. She has never hesitated to show me love both as a grandma, but also echoing the love of Christ. She is 96, and has lived a long fruitful life, and hey, she even got to meet Kevin Costner, when they used her ranch for a portion of the filming of "The Postman."

I love both of these people very dearly, and knowing that they are passing on soon is tearing me apart. But I take a certain peace in knowing that they both love the Lord, and will be going on to something so much better.

I will update you when I can.

Please be praying for myself and my family as we prepare for all that is to come this weekend.

Zach