The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

A Family Reunion... of Sorts.

So yesterday, Karina and I drove to Eugene and visited my grandpa in the hospital. I briefly got to reconnect with some family I have not seen in a while before I headed to the ICU to see my grandpa. It was a bit of a eye-opening experience to see my grandpa really sedated, intubated, a bit distended, he did not look like the grandpa I have spent so much time with. I held his hand, told him that I loved him, told him that he was strong, because he is, it takes a strong man to fight against congestive heart failure, viral pneumonia, and failing kidneys.
Today at some point, the doctors are going to remove his breathing tube to see if he can breathe on his own. If he cannot, they will give him the decision between living off a machine for the sake of breathing, or to pass on as comfortably as possible. If he can breathe, then they will give him 3 days to prove it and there is a chance he may live on for a while yet. The other thing is his kidneys, he has had dialysis once at least, but there is potential for him to have it a few times a week for the rest of his life, once again depending on a machine to live.
This is a very hard time for my family, please continue to keep us in your prayers as we live out a very hard week.

Zach