The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

I hope I am not becoming Harris...

Okay so today I was discussing the process of courting to my friend Ryan at Starbucks. He was asking me what it was like to be in something so foreign. And as I spoke I both liked and regretted the words that poured forth from my lips.

"Courting is a lot like being a Christian"

I mean hey marriage language is used all the time when discussing this relationship but I was taking this to a different place. I spoke of courting as, that you did things that you did not have to worry about hiding from people, a shame-free relationship process. Similar to as you try and maintain the righteous and faithful life of obedience to Christ you do not have to worry about doing anything that shames yourself or him.

So I pondered these words and realized I walk a very fine line towards becoming like an outspoken author on Courting. But ultimately I have come to realize that I enjoy knowing that what I do I need not hide, and that I am getting to know this wonderful woman without all the hormonal rollercoaster rides that have accompanied relationships in the past. So "onward christian soldier" and all that jazz as I run this crazy race called "courting"

Peace Out.