The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Worship Production...A Definition

I have received a few concerned comments regarding how the term "worship production" seems wrong in the church context. I am going to go ahead an place my statement regarding this title, why I chose it, and why it is not going to change.

Worship Production refers to the combination of various elements in the technological field that helps facilitate the worshipers into an environment that encourages and assists in the corporate worship experience.

I chose this term because in the end the department and focus of my ministry is that of the corporate worship experience. I choose Production because it means that there is an end that I am attempting to attain or produce. Meaning that there is a product. An atmosphere that encourages and assists in worship.

The term is alright, it is very simply two words with a specific purpose in mind. It is the modern equivalent to the priests who helped make worship times an amazing experience in the ancient near east. From Worship Producer all the way to the Key Grip of the stage, we are all simply servants of the Most High. We are all attempting to produce an a product that glorifies Him.

Hope this is a clarification for anyone who may have felt confused or misled regarding the term Worship Production.

Zach