The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

The God of Peace?

It has been a pretty turbulent couple of weeks for me. I have ran into a few issues in my daily life that not easy for a guy with not a whole lot of money to be running into.

1. My water pump in my car was broken and was spraying engine coolant across my engine and everything else except inside my engine. Not cool. Trip to mechanic and parts were $150.00 plus my $8.00 lunch at Fat Boy's Sandwiches.

2. I was planning on making some important purchases, but lo and behold, I threw away my debit card on accident at Togo's and have been left more orless unable to make necessary purchases and my already highly spent credit card is running out of room.

3. I am driving to Oregon next week to go to a wedding and take come candid pictures for friends, and my camera decided it has rejected me and no longer wants to work. So thanks to the 4 year warranty I purchsed 1 year Best Buy is shipping it off to Canon. Probably not in time for me to get it back for the wedding. So no camera as of yet, though doors are opening.

4. Trip to Oregon means 4 days off work and expensive gas. BUt those are minor in comparison to seeing long time friends and my family.

But amidst all of this God is very good. And before doors started opening, I have felt a sense of peace. 1) Good Budgeting made sure I have money to repair car; 2) New debit card arrives in the next couple of days; 3) Have a couple friends who may let me borrow their cameras, just hoping I can get the Canon one; 4)Got a photo gig using another company's equipment, will make up for a couple days of work.

So God gave me peace enough to trust him and now the door are opening, God is a God of Peace!