The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Benefits of a "Yes" Attitude

This week I have had to do a lot of work, more than I normally do between both my jobs, but I have to say in the end I think it was worthwhile to say "yes" to all the extra work I had to do.

With Starbucks I happened to be sitting down with an old manager of mine talking shop when she found out her opener wasn't going to arrive the next morning because she was stuck out of state, my manager asked, and I said "yes" I would come in on my day off and open the store for them. It was a blast! I got to work with lots of old friends and make some extra money too! Last night I dropped by that same store to investigate a beverage I wanted after closing my own store, as well as ask about some promotion stuff, and it turned out I was needed to help close the store as well. So I said "yes" and conce again was rewarded with a fun and entertaining close as I got to help lead the tasks for the night (and btw promotion may very well be in sight).

The other thing I had to say "yes" to was when we decided to make some changes in the church staging that I had already changed the day before. It was somewhat frustrating to have to rework my previous labor, but the end result was so worthwhile, I am waiting for pics. We ended up doing an intimate time of worship with candles and low lighting, black cloth everywhere, it was AMAZING. It was so good to see the congregation respond to the minimalist band we had and to hear their voices rise in praise to God. So GOOD!

So in the end, putting myself aside, and jsut working more proved to be an excellent time of friendship and praise to God. UPdates coming on pics, and poromotion journey.