The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

My Pastor must really trust me :)

So I suppose every story deserves its context. So I think what I will do is go ahead and Tarantino this one. I am gonna give you the punch line then let you hear the story. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, even a picture of 12 words.


My senior pastor of my church takes his final half hour before the service begins very seriously. He uses it as a time to spend in prayer, quality time with his family, or perhaps to enjoy one last bit of Lou Malnati's Pizza. That last bit is a conjecture. And usually would put up a sign telling us he was attempting to have some peaceful bit of time before the service and unless there was an emergency we were to honor it. An understandable and accepted practice before service. Then one day a question was raised, a question that needed his answer, and well no one dared to violate the rule of entering this private sanctum of Italianness. Another made up word by me. Well I decided that as an intern this duty did not fall to me, so I kept to myself, until unfortunately the debate of who would ask waged longer than one could wait, so, I knocked... And... I was treated courteously, the problem solved, but was asked to in the future make the best judgment call possible.

Well another week rolls along and another problem happens, and someone begs the question to be asked of him. And as always the debate of who would ask weighed in longer. Until I decide to once again present myself as the whipping boy. But alas, the sign had been altered, indeed made anew, and I was now by name mentioned to leave him alone. So with a smile and a skip (okay not a skip but defintiely a grin) I turned around and feeling empowered by this sign made the call for the team. And what do you know the problem was solved and the people rejoiced. yay...

Just a fun little story for you.

And oh yeah order that pizza sometime. its amazing. They deliver overnight with the pizza on dry ice... that is too cool. And they have a meat crust pizza for you atkins folks. Or Italian Sausage loving folks...