The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

NCR in the news? Maybe?

Well I had my weekly morning cup of Sumatra this morning with my good friend Matt and as we finally gave up and cheated our way through the sunday crossword puzzle my eyes caught the title relating to church attendance among church styles. Needless to say this gathered my interest and I decided to peruse the article.

The article spoke about a comparison and contrast of a "classical" church and a "contemporary" church. The author came from Episcopalian background so I made sure to take the contemporary review with a grain of salt. What caught me though was the near dead on description of the contemporary church as that of NCR. From the "costco sized" parking lot, the "business logo's" and even the praise band setup was dead on for the 17th.

I think our pastor will be quite happy if he comes to the same conclusion as I did about this being our church as the article described him as "young with a full head of dark hair."

I got a lot of laughs after reading this, promptly called Rich who also enjoyed a good laugh with me. Anyways just a fun thought that perhaps, without any names mentioned, my church made it as the opposite end of the "classical" view.

On a side note I really wish the guy had done it a week earlier when Pastor was dressed up as a Mafia Hit Man.