The thoughts of a newly married, recently graduated, christ-seeking, pastor-to-be

Calling all Visual Artists... Please Respond

So here I am, in the midst of a worship production quandary. I am always looking for another way to engage another mind set in worship. And I began to realize that there are people who see words, want to visualize them, and do to some lack of creativity in their brains they simply can't make an image to represent them. And so I thought, how cool would it be, if instead of one simple picture behind a slide that perhaps a picture to actually represent the words actually being said. Pictographic worship anyone?

So here is my dream, my hope, my vision for the future of visual based worship. Either behind the text of the slides, or even better projected on a different surface are images that run with the music being sang, that actually represent the words being sung.


As you can see I picture the image being projected seperately of the slides (these are not viewable in the picture since they are on screens on either side of the stage). Maybe by a hidden projector on stage or above the stage downward? Anyways if anybody knows artists who want to undertake turning praise and worship songs into multiple images, I would love to see what they can do.

Let me know what you think... am I pushing the ADD congregations too far?